Options & Funding
Innovation Pathways restructure learning time in schools to give students experience in a specific high-demand industry through coursework, hands-on learning and internships at local employers.Learn More
ASA frequently has an Advocacy presence at various events, policy forums and conferences to share our thinking on programs and policies on career exploration, experiential learning and post-secondary education options.
Our latest thinking on programs and policies to strengthen student exploration, expand experiential learning, broaden public understanding of post-secondary options, and increase funding for all post-high school pathways.
- Policy Recommendations: Spotlight on High School Internships
- Policy Recommendations: How Middle and High School Edu
- Policy Recommendations: At the Crossroads of ‘I can,’
- Pell Grants for Short-Term Programs
- Internship Challenges and Policy Recommendations
- Testimony on Access to Career and Technical Education
- Testimony on Advanced Placement Credit
ASA regularly provides testimony and legislative input to federal and state lawmakers as they debate legislation around career exploration, experiential learning and all forms of post-secondary education funding.
News + Views
ASA recently held a policy forum at the U.S. Capitol focusing on how we can expand the Federal Pell grant program beyond traditional two and four year degrees to cover short term certificate programs and other training opportunities not currently covered by federal grants.
Read more about our recent panel discussion where more than 50 educators, policymakers and business leaders came together to discuss expanding career exploration opportunities to middle schoolers.