Even after federal student loan program changes, American Student Assistance® (ASA) remains focused on borrower success. We acted as a guarantor under the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP), and we continue to help borrowers successfully manage their education debt.
Learn more about ASA® and other important education debt issues:
- Our role. Get more information about how ASA is adding value to the federal student loan programs.
- Our effect. See how we positively affect repayment.
- Our position for change. A visionary in the industry, ASA adopted a business model centered on student loan delinquency prevention. ASA believes student loan borrowers deserve consumer rights, and we have outlined policy principles for providing them all with education debt management (pdf, 0.23 MB).
- Our belief in student loan tax benefits. ASA provides a student loan reimbursement benefit for our employees. Find out why we believe other companies should offer this benefit and be rewarded with a tax break.
- Our impact in the community. Learn about how ASA promotes college access and provides information to student loan borrowers via our college access outreach professionals.
Make informed decisions for your constituents. Access the student loan, facts, figures, and perspectives in our resources or contact us for more information.
The Problems With Private Education Loans
In response to a request for information from the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau regarding private education loans, ASA drafted comments that highlight the problems facing borrowers—as well as best practices that address these issues.
View the Comments (pdf, 0.2 MB)