Guidance Counselor and College Access Advocate Support
ASA in Massachusetts and the District of Columbia
Although American Student Assistance® (ASA) serves students and colleges nationwide, we are the designated Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP) administrator in Massachusetts and the District of Columbia.
Because of this, we have a special responsibility to:
- Act as a source of comprehensive information on college access through financial aid.
- Work closely with other nonprofit agencies in Massachusetts and the District of Columbia.
In Massachusetts, ASA® supports:
- The Boston College Planning Centers. Boston-area residents can get help at public library branches around the city. There, prospective college students and their families can talk to someone about planning and paying for college, and other career-building programs.
- Educational Opportunity Center (EOC). Through the Colleges of Worcester Consortium, adults can receive counseling on going back to school, advancing their careers, and paying for their educations from the EOC.
- College Goal Sunday. This national initiative helps students and families prepare their financial aid applications.
In the District of Columbia, ASA supports:
- Reach4Success. This college access organization is dedicated to bringing higher education into the lives of potential students of all ages.