As a mission-driven, public-purpose organization, American Student Assistance’s greatest strategic asset is its people. Our future success is dependent on our continued ability to attract and retain a diverse workforce that has the ability to recognize and leverage our individual and collective strengths. We achieve our mission by aligning our business goals with our diversity goals, and by:
- Promoting from within.
- Offering development and leadership opportunities.
- Expanding formal and informal diversity awareness training opportunities.
- Working with diversity and community-based organizations.
- Seeking business relationships with minority- and women-owned business enterprise (MWBE) suppliers and/or those vendors who do.
- Expanding our college access and support activities in underserved communities in Boston and the surrounding marketplace.
- Conducting multicultural and minority based research relating to student and borrower needs and services.
- Including diversity as a performance measure and as a criteria for decisions regarding performance for the senior management team.
If you have any questions, comments, or ideas regarding diversity or other ways we can distinguish American Student Assistance as a choice employer, feel free to contact Alan Braverman, Director of Human Resources.