American Student Assistance® (ASA) values our associates’ commitment to our organization. To show our appreciation, we provide a variety of benefits that enrich associates’ professional and personal lives.
- A competitive salary in addition to retirement benefits and commuting subsidy.
- 3 forms of retirement savings:
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- 401(a) Retirement Incentive Plan
- Pension Plan
- A commuter check for public commuting expenses or a monthly benefit equal to the cost of an MBTA bus pass, subway pass, or LinkPass
At ASA, we deeply believe in the value of education. We help associates finance their education in two ways:
- Tuition reimbursement program. American Student Assistance may reimburse undergraduate, graduate, and certificate program courses with up to $5,250 per calendar year.
- Student loan reimbursement program. American Student Assistance helps associates repay their federal, private and Parent Plus education loans—up to $2,400 per calendar year.
Health and Well-Being
We offer 2 comprehensive Blue Cross Blue Shield medical plans for New England residents, as well as a plan for out-of-state employees. For full-time regular associates, we subsidize 75% of the cost of HMO Blue and an equal dollar subsidy for the other two plans.
These plans offer:
- Vision care and discounts on eyewear.
- Fitness programs, fitness equipment, and weight loss programs.
- A medical opt-out plan if you have other coverage.
American Student Assistance also offers:
- Dental coverage.
- Term life insurance in the amount of two times your annual base salary.
- Accidental death and dismemberment coverage.
- Voluntary term life insurance for you and your dependents.
- Short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Pet insurance.
- ID protection coverage.
- Legal shield.
- Volunteer time off program
We have no pre-existing condition clauses in our contracts, and coverage begins on the first of the month following your date of hire.
American Student Assistance actively encourages associates to evaluate their relationship to their jobs and find a healthy balance.
Paid time off:
- All full-time regular associates are allowed 5 personal days and 8 sick days per calendar year.
- Associates also enjoy 9 paid holidays per year.
- Depending on your position, you may be eligible for 2–4 weeks of vacation and for vacation time accrual.
- Other types of paid time off include jury duty, bereavement, and 2 weeks of company-paid maternity/paternity leave.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
American Student Assistance provides an EAP for employees and their families through HealthAdvocateTM. HealthAdvocate can help find solutions to a wide range of personal and professional challenges.
Sometimes it’s the little things that matter most to our associates. Our fringe benefits include:
- Casual attire
- Phone rooms
- A mother’s room, which ensures privacy for the special needs of new moms
- Discount movie tickets and retail merchandise
- Halloween Boo Bags (buying these small bags of candy provides associates with a chance to make a coworker smile, and all proceeds benefit UNICEF)
- Red Sox ticket giveaways throughout the baseball season
Located at 100 Cambridge Street in the heart of Boston, American Student Assistance is just minutes from Faneuil Hall, Downtown Crossing, and Beacon Hill. Our office is within walking distance of bus, subway, and commuter rail stations.